Thursday, March 11, 2010

Earthquake?

Along with all the earthquakes going on in the world. There's an
earthquake going on in my life. What an earthquake... Really, it came
from the recent earthquake in Turkey. I started thinking about those
around me.. The people that I work with everyday, and then it hit me.
I did not expect it. What if an earthquake hit my work and the people
died! The thought startled me...

There, I woke up! I woke up out of my stupor of selfishness. No. I
wasn't doing anything deadly wrong...no awful sins. Just a simple case
of infatuation with myself. With life. With work. With money. With MY
future. With...well... With me!

But then there was the earthquake. The earthquake that awoke me to
myself. As the prodigal came to himself in a foreign land, I came to
myself in my foreign land of selfishness. It was time to run back to
the Father, but not to sulk or ask forgiveness 1000 times, although i
did ask forgiveness, but to work side by side or side inside with Him
in His mission to tell people of His live for them.

If there was an earthquake at work, would they go to heaven??? That's
the question. And am I leading them there?? Or if it came up would I
be ashamed of who I say I am at school?? Good questions, huh? And they
all deserved answers.

However, I knew what my answer was. I want to reach them. I want my
life to preach truth. I want to tell them of Christ's great love for
them!

So what in the world does this have to do with politics? Well, this is
the left out part in politics. This very conversation is conveniently
avoided in most talk about politics. Christianity unashamed. Living
the gospel unhindered. No apologizing for the truth. Time to connect
our Christianity with our politics. Time for Jesus Christ not to be a
side order but our dinner of life.

Time to live like there will be an earthquake tomorrow.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

It is so easy to get wrapped up in ourselves. I'm so proud of you! Glad to see that you are awakening to those around you even more! If you awaken anymore then you are going to put the rest of us to shame!